Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Earth Day

"People usually consider walking on water or in thin air a miracle. But I think the real miracle is not to walk either on water or in thin air, but to walk on earth. Every day we are engaged in a miracle which we don't even recognize: a blue sky, white clouds, green leaves, the black, curious eyes of a child -- our own two eyes. All is a miracle." -Thich Nhat Hanh

I thought that this quote was fitting of today, being Earth Day. It may not be entirely philosophically relevant, but, like I said, I thought it was fitting. This fits in a bit with my post yesterday regarding what music is. It's the same as miracles -- if you believe in miracles, you can see them everywhere.

~Lisa

We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should. - Kurt Vonnegut

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a great quote.