Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Blake and some thoughts

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wildflower…hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour… - William Blake

I like this quote because I think it is the epitome of creativity, and creativity is creation, and creation is construction. I like the idea of constructing my reality based upon the world seen in a grain of sand.

I initially took this class because I thought it would deal more with things like this. Focusing on how we are responsible for our own worlds, our own lives. I will say that I am a little disappointed. Oh well, I'm gone in 31 days, so I guess it's not too bad.

~Lisa

Life happens too fast for you to ever think about it. If you could just persuade people of this, but they insist on amassing information. - Kurt Vonnegut

1 comment:

David K. Braden-Johnson said...

I think the course has in fact been about just what you describe! Feel free to bring comments/questions/concerns like these to class.